Animal husbandry at Terre delle Gravine is aimed at the production of high quality milk, which is possible thanks to the favorable pedo-climatic conditions of the area and the excellent sustainability, well-being and progress of the breeding supply chain.
When it comes to High Quality milk, it is often thought that high quality is only a perceived quality or a subjective and questionable characteristic, rather than the gimmick of "creative" advertising.
Instead, the terms "High Quality" refer to a real category defined by Italian law. In fact there is a law and a ministerial decree (L.169 / 89 and DM 185/91) that define the parameters for high-quality pasteurized fresh milk which are:
- Specific authorization of the Local Health Authority for farms that produces raw milk – for the production of high quality pasteurized fresh milk
- The amount of somatic cells in raw milk being less than or equal to 300,000 cells per ml - Bacterial charge of raw milk less than or equal to 100,000 germs per ml of milk
- Immediate refrigeration after milking and delivery of the raw product to the processing plant with a designated vehicle
- Unique pasteurization treatment within 48 hours after milking
- Fat content of no less than 3.6% by weight / volume in the finished product
- Protein content no less than 3.2% w / v in the finished product
- Content in un-denatured protein serum higher than 15.5% of total proteins.